A short and sweet post today...
I've been happily using the Add Projects extension since first writing it several months ago, and I actually find it a real time saver.
However, one thing that has been bugging me is trying to find specific projects in an ever growing list.
I've just updated the extension to version 18.104.22.168 by adding a handy filter option to the main dialog (sorry, it's still Windows Forms as opposed to XAML, so continues to look clunky in the VSIDE!)
One word of caution - I doubt the source code project will open in Visual Studio 2012 any more, as I had to install the VS2013 SDK and upgrade the project to work on this update. The compiled extension is supported on Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2013.
The best place to get the extension is from the extension page on the Microsoft Visual Studio Gallery. This also ensures you get notifications when the extension is updated. (Don't forget to post a review!)
You can also grab the source directly from our GitHub page.
Legacy links available below are no longer maintained.
- 2014-04-18 - First published
- 2014-10-14 - Updated to include Visual Studio Gallery and GitHub links
- 2020-11-21 - Updated formatting
Like what you're reading? Perhaps you like to buy us a coffee?
- Add Projects Extension - 22.214.171.124
- Cyotek Add Projects Extension updated for Visual Studio 2013 RTM
- Visual Studio Extension for adding multiple projects to a solution